Our Extension and Outreach faculty and staff members are an important link between the various publics that use our research products and the communities of scientists who create new knowledge. Extension faculty and staff:
- Enhance the public's understanding of the role and value of forests and wildlife in the natural and social environment;
- Promote the use of sustainable methods of establishing, managing, and utilizing forest and wildlife resources
- Provide up-to-date knowledge about the ecology, management, and conservation of forest and wildlife resources;
- Transfer ideas and technology to public and private land owners, professional resource managers, the general public, and youth;
- Work with clientele to identify research needs and disseminate research results to users.